Make-up application should be done over a well-prepared skin. In essence, you need a foundation to build make-up application. For this purpose, foundation is used. A no fuss candidate, it does simple job of turning your face into a canvas on which you can play with various applications like shadow, lipstick and others. Foundation will help you to smooth out your skin tone. In addition, it acts as a barrier between make-up and natural resources of your skin, keeping them intact.
As a rule of thumb, you will never buy something that doesn’t suit you. So before you set out to buy a foundation, ascertain your skin type. If you have oily skin, you need an oil free formulation. This acts to neutralize oils and powder content in them will dry out any excess oil that might make your skin look shiny. Alternatively, if you have dry skin, you need to pamper your skin with moisturizers. A solution for dry skin would include a cream based foundation, which will stay longer and keep your skin moisturized as well. If you are endowed with normal skin, there are not many barriers for you. You can use any formulation; however, liquid based formulations will give you better coverage as well as not form cakes or creases.
At Asian Bridal Looks modern make-up treats foundation as part of your skin texture. It is available in natural colors to complement your skin tone. When choosing a foundation color, keep in mind the natural shade of your skin. It has to be closely matched with the color you choose for your foundation. Always try out chosen shades before you purchase it. Best place to try out shade check is your jaw line where it should be allowed to mix with skin before you decide.
- Essentially, foundation color can be placed under two main categories;
- Yellow tone based foundation
- Pink Tone based foundation
People of Asian and African origin have yellow toned skin, whereas fair skin has pink tones. Tanned skin doesn’t change original pink tone. So when you choose a foundation shade, remember your skin tone. If your chosen shade doesn’t blend well with your skin tone, make-up results can be disastrous.
Techniques of Applying Foundations
Although method of applying foundation is very generic, it is better to know your skin type and then use appropriate technique for application. Since foundation is an important part of your make-up bag, it is handy if you use these techniques.
Oily Skin. You need to prepare skin nicely so that excess oil does not interfere with your make-up. The application has to be done with clean fingers and done quickly, covering areas most prone to oil interference.
Dry Skin. If oily skin needs to be dried, dry skin needs to be moisturized sufficiently so that your make-up doesn’t cake or crease. Use cream foundation with fingers applying small dots till full face is covered. If you have few blemishes, cover them nicely with cream foundation and leave other areas bare.
Normal Skin. A choice of cream-to-powder liquid or powder foundation is best suited for this skin type. Cream-to-powder foundation should be applied with a sponge, starting at centre of face and working outwards. Liquid foundation looks more natural when applied with a foundation brush. Technique remains same, i.e. you start at centre of face and work outwards or take help of Asian makeup artist London.
Applying Foundation Tips
- Start with a moisturizer application.
- If you are using sponge, pour some foundation on flat end of it and dab all over your face.
- You can use fingers to apply foundation if you do not want to use sponge.
- Using your fingers, rub in foundation in a vertical motion.
- You might tend to ignore areas like creases of nose, under eyebrows and under lower lip. Be sure to treat these areas equally.
- After application, skin might look shiny. Overcome this by using a tissue to blot out excess foundation.
- Application should be in the direction of flow of facial hair.
- Apply foundation only at places where you genuinely need it. If you know you are going to use concealer, avoid using foundation under eye area.
- If you have followed these steps, your face will be as good as a blank canvas for you to unleash your creative spirit.